Goa CM to Inaugurate Alumni Association IIT Kanpur Pune Chapter’s Startup Master Class
Pune, August 31, 2017: With a vision to transform Pune into a global tech startup destination,the Alumni Association IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Kanpur— Pune Chapter announced that it is hosting the second edition of its Startup Master Class on 16thSeptember 2017 at The Westin Hotel, Pune.
The event is in partnership with the Rotary Club of Khadki, and in collaboration with NASSCOM (The National Association of Software and Services Companies) and FundHound. It will give early and mid-stage promising startups opportunities to get their ideas incubated and funded by the country’s leading investors.
Honourable Chief Minister of Goa, Shri Manohar Parrikar— an alumnus of IIT Bombay— will inaugurate the conference.
Startup Master Class brings together global thought leaders and speakers from the government sector, corporates, venture capital / private equity firms, industry associations, and entrepreneurs, who share their learnings and success stories with young startup promoters and academia.This initiative developed by the Alumni Association IIT Kanpur is open for official alumni groups from all IITs across India to host.So far, nine Startup Master Classes have concluded across cities, including Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, and Pune.
This year the Startup Master Class in Pune will focus on five tracks pertinent to the tech domain, including FinTech, EdTech, HealthTech, IoT (Internet of Things), Social Enterprise as well as a general track.
Some of the confirmed speakers, thus far, include:
- Ajay Bhushan Pandey, CEO, Unique Identification Authority Of India (UIDAI), who will give his insights on the importance of the Aadhar project for the banking and commerce industries.
- Prakash Kumar, CEO, GST Network, who will throw light on GST (Goods and Services Tax) and its impact on the start-ups and e-commerce sectors.
- Kunal Kumar, Commissioner, Pune Municipal Corporation, who will speak about the opportunities for startups in the new emerging area of Smart Cities.
- Global industrialist and chairman & managing director of Bharat Forge Ltd, Babasaheb Neelkanth Kalyani will talk about startup mentoring and linkages to big Industries.
- Media mogul Anurag Batra will speak about his passion for the SMEs and the Make in India initiative.
- Ajeet Khurana,seasoned entrepreneur and mentor who works with early-stage enterprises, will demystify bitcoin and its future.
- Anil Chhikara, entrepreneur and former Principal at Jaarvis Accelerator, will talk about his experiences of creating India’s largest e-learning implementation company
- Angel investor Dr. Aniruddha Malapani will discuss the path of integration between the IT and the medicine world.
The other distinguished dignitaries invited for the event include Honourable Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Shri Devendra Fadnavis. The alumni association is awaiting his confirmation.
IIT Kanpur alumni network, which has been actively involved in Indo-Japanese business collaborations since the mid-90s, will also select top five promising startups working on Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics for applications in fintech, IoT, and healthtech sector for receiving incubation opportunities in Japan.
Shailendra Agarwal, President, Alumni Association IIT Kanpur Pune Chaptersaid, “Pune is one of India’s fastest emerging startup destinations. With the state government giving impetus on elevating its position as the country’s top destination for innovation and entrepreneurship, a strong pool of entrepreneurial talent and increasing opportunities in the technology space, the city is moving towards establishing itself as a global tech startup hub. With Startup Master Class, we want to bring startup promoters and investors at a common platform to accelerate incubation of ideas and mentoring.”
He added, “I take this opportunity to also thank Shri Manohar Parrikar for kindly consenting to grace the occasion. His accomplishment as a statesman is impeccable and is an honor for us to hear him speak at the event.”
The first edition of Startup Maser Class in Pune had Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister of Communications and Information Technology and Minister of Law & Justiceand Infosys co-founder NR Narayan Murthy deliver the keynote sessions.
Tejas Construction& Infrastructure Pvt Ltd. is the title sponsor for the event.
Subscribe with us to get your dose of interesting news, research & opinions in the startup segment. Fill the form below: